Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Eyes of Love

One afternoon in a rare moment of 'aloneness' with my husband, I glanced in the visor mirror to check my makeup. The stark sunlight revealed every bit of my age and then some. I sighed and he asked what was wrong. 
"Getting older.... it's such a mean trick," I replied. "Inside I feel the same way I did when I was just a girl. Then... I look in the mirror and I see an old woman."
Reaching over to grab my hand he said, " And when I look at you, I see the sixteen year old girl I fell in love with." 

As he is not one for giving compliments, it made his words all the more special to me. I don't remember where we were going or why but.... I will never forget what he said. Truth was in his voice. And it occurred to me that he was right. When I looked at him, I saw the seventeen year old boy that I fell in love with nearly three decades ago. Time does change most things, but not the eyes of love. 

Keep the Faith, 
amy



1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing that moment. Loved it.